Greetings from Cali

DuckDodger

Greetings from Cali

Post by DuckDodger » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Hello all. I've been visiting the board for a while and finally decided to join. My husband is an avid hunter, but I am new to the sport and interested in getting started this season. That is if I can get the hang of the whole moving target thing, LOL We brought Rascal, a rescue, home on Saturday. He is a 3 y/o Brittany with NO formal training! I sure have my work cut out for me, but I am always up to a challenge. We have had GSP's and Labs in the past, but I realy wanted a Brit so here we are. I'm not to good at the whole intro thing, but I'm sure I will find plenty of advice for training here. Hope you all have a wonderful day, Andrea

Elroy's Bandit

Re: Greetings from Cali

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Welcome to GDF Andrea!! Lot's of good people here, and I've found a whole lot of good advice in these threads.
Bill L.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Andrea,
Welcome to this board. Good luck with the Brit.!
Dіck

DuckDodger

Post by DuckDodger » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Thank for the warm welcome. As soon as I get some good pics of him I'll post them. He realy is a pretty boy, but he's a bit over weight at 62 lbs. i cant beleive his personality either. He is verry vocal and loves to "talk" when he is happy or excited. He alos brings me toys or what ever he can get his mouth on like he is giving me a gift. Silly boy. Have a great evening, Andrea

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:07 am

Welcome to the GDF Andrea. Did Rascal come via ABR, NBRAN or ??? Bless you for giving a rescue dog a second chance.

DuckDodger

Post by DuckDodger » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Kiki'smom, I actually got him off of Craigslist! I consider it a rescue though, since he wasnt in real good health. Not that it's the previous owners fault, they were just too busy for him. A friend told me there was add up for a male Britt, so me with my big heart didnt want him to end up in the wrong place. Even if he doesnt make a good hunting dog, he will always stay with us as a family pet. He gets along great with our 4 y/o daughter and is very protective of her. He is even tollerant of the Pug. My son teases me and says I have groupies. I though it was bad when I couldnt go to the bathroom with two kids in the house, now I have 2 kids and 2 dogs at the door when I come out, LOL! Have a great weekend everyone and thanks again for the welcome, Andrea

Meller

Post by Meller » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Welcome to the GDF! :D

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Greetings. Hope you enjoy and learn something from all of the old timers on here. And the new timers too. :lol:

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.