A little about you...

mojavejohn

Re: A little about you...

Post by mojavejohn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi all, My name is John and I live in the wild and grand Mojave dessert in So-Cal. I am a 38 YOM. I work as a fireman/paramedic for the Barstow FD. I have been hunting off and on since I was in HS, mainly quail and chukar. This is the first season that I have hunted in the last five years. I think that I will be able to hunt more consistently from season to season now, so I am looking into buying my own bird dog. Hence the reason for joining this site. I have zero experience hunting over dogs, but it looks like a blast. I will not be getting a dog for probably another year, but I wanted to start doing my homework now. I have seen what it would cost to buy a fully trained dog and that just aint happening on my budget. So I hope I can get help in picking a breed and learning how to train it. Thanks for your help.
Go Dodgers

crazysooner

Post by crazysooner » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Hello, my name is Ed. 52 years old with 2 GSP's. Hunt quail, ducks and pheasant mostly in Kansas and western Oklahoma. Not into field trials anymore. Used to be into trials with English Springer's. Northeast Oklahoma is getting real sparse as far as upland birds go so I end up traveling quite a bit and am always game for a new trip.

kjwalker2

Post by kjwalker2 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi all,

this is my futur pup lucy at 4 weeks old. im 20 years old and exstatic to get my gsp pup. i will be picking her up the 28th at that time she will be 7 weeks old.
i have came to this site hope to find advice and tips on traing lucy to hunt bob white quail in alabama. i do first however want to see what everyone thinks about her development at 4 weeks. i also do not know how to tell a "good" bloodline from a "not so good" blood line so in this post i will include the sire and dam 's pedigree. so any help would be apprectiated greatly! so let me know what yall think about pup and pedigree (pegigree is viewed by clicking link below)
thanks,
kevin

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... viewer.png
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb3 ... iewer1.png
Roll Tide roll

isuhunter

Post by isuhunter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi... I'm Jake...27 years old

I hunt pheasants, waterfowl, and archery for deer & turkeys. I am about to be a first time owner of a hunting dog. We will be getting our first GSP pup on Dec. 18th.

jgregg

Post by jgregg » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Howdy,
My Name is Jared, I'm 20 years old and just got my first bird dog. German Shorthair who's 8 weeks old. I hunt pheasant, waterfowl, quail, Chucker, hungarian partridge and rifle hunt for deer. Live on the east side of Washington and hunt private and public land. Looking for all the advice I can get on training my pup!

uncle mike

Post by uncle mike » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi Im Michael. I am 32 and the proud father of a wonderful son (he is 7) who loves to hunt with me! I am a construction superintendent and I live in Fayetteville, Ar. I love upland bird hunting and am looking forward to taking my son for his second trip to the prairie to chase roosters.

Walt21620

Post by Walt21620 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:52 am

I'm Walt - 21620 is the zip code for Chestertown, MD where I have lived for the past 15 years. Married, father of 4, 2 GSP's, 1 Lab. Retired in 2008 w/24 years of federal service. I spend my time being a Dad, hunting, training dogs, and fishing - in that order. Last year, I started guiding (waterfowl) part time for a friend when he needs extra help. I have been hunting since I was 11 - got my start hunting wild quail and canvasbacks on my great grand mother's farm in St. Mary's County, MD.

Some of the older East coast members on this forum might remember me as the tall, skinny kid kid who trained w/ Lou Foehrkolb in the late 70's, early 80's. Lou was my best friend - I still find myself thinking I need to call him to talk about a particular dog. These days, I'm not skinny. I'm spending a lot of my gun dog time with my hunting partner, Victoria, helping train her Labs w/ Jeff, Lyn at Rebel Ridge Farms in Elkton, MD. Still fool w/ bird dogs, but not as much as I'd like to - hoping that will change in the not too distant future. Would love to hear from some of the folks who came to Lou's kennel or who trialed in the Mid-Atlantic from 1978 - 1984.

Walt Steffens
Chestertown, MD

P.S. - I don't hide behind a nickname, I don't discuss training techniques on forums, and I'm not prejudiced against any breed. If a dog will seek / point a bird with desire / style, then I like it.

bdboybry

Post by bdboybry » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Hello everyone, I’m new here from Fort Benning, GA. I am a 31 year old male in the military. I have 2 Labrador Retrievers, the oldest is Marley a chocolate Lab and he is about to turn 9 years old, and our newest addition is Bently a Yellow Lab, he will be 5 months in just a couple weeks. I don’t hunt as of right now but have wanted to get into it. My older Lab has never been hunting nor has he been trained to hunt. As for our puppy I am very interested in training him for hunting and have been in search of some good information on how to get started and came across this forum. I have only had a few minutes to skim through some things and looking forward to browsing through some more

Papa Drake

Post by Papa Drake » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Hey y'all......
I live the Northern front range of Colorado. I hunt waterfowl regularly and more recently started hunting upland more often throughout the west. I grew up quail hunting in middle Ga. I have a Lab named Guinness and looking to add a pointing dog to the staff. I look forward to learning and getting advice from folks with more experience handling dogs. I hope to meet some new friends to hunt with and trade local hunting knowledge.

gregm

Post by gregm » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi all, I live in the great state of oregon.Retired in april after 30 years as a cement mason.Picked up my first real bird dog in june.I'm a lifelong hunter and fisherman.Looking foward to the wealth of info, advice this site has to offer.
P1000073.JPG

Thanks Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ncfarmer

Post by ncfarmer » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello folks, new to this site and not sure how I stumbled on to it but I'm glad I did. So here goes...
28 years old, married with no kids (atleast as of this morning)
Have been quail hunting since i could drag a tobacco stick through the brairs.
Hunt with a pair of pointers along with a few setters (dad calls them betters)
Full time farmer along with a job selling tractors/equiment at the local dearship in town
Try and hunt a few days a week, around here it might as well be called dog conditoning.
Look forward to reading and picking up info here...looks as if I have alot of catching up to do

Thanks,
Drew Deaton, Erect, NC

harvester28

Post by harvester28 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:41 pm

My name is Brent and I am 30 years old and am from Kentucky (GO BIG BLUE!) I'm an Electrician in the mining industry and have been for 11 years. I started bird hunting 5 years ago and now own 4 English Pointers and I train my own dogs. I also breed my dogs which come out of a Champion Blood line. From time to time I have pups available for sale. My dogs are versatile on all types of game birds. I hunt Quail, Grouse, and Woodcock. I travel to Michigan to bird hunt each fall and hope to visit other states.

Zimbo

Post by Zimbo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:01 am

Zimbo Kennels. We are located in Zimbabwe, Southern Africa. I run English pointers which we hunt over here in Zim and trial in South Africa and then some GSP's and a Labrador that we hunt over. We have imported Elhew lines which we have crossed successfully with one of our own dogs. We are in the process of bringing new lines up from South Africa but find that the blood lines of the top dogs often lead you back to the same source. I am trying to keep an eye on the better dogs in the US but there is a huge amount of information out there. As a breeder of pedigree Tuli cattle it has kind of fallen in my lap that I do the breeding for a lose knit group of hunters and trialers.

Hunter_eu

Post by Hunter_eu » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:02 am

Hi everyone!

I'm from Greece but i travel in all europe bacause business.
I like hunting birds such as scolopax rusticola, coturnix-coturnix, ducks and wild boars.
Now i own one pointer and one kurzhaar dog.

Soon i will post images from my huntings and dogs.

Se you soon!

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:16 pm

I finally managed to successfuly log in after having problems for a long time! I live in NW Tucson, AZ and have two Britts. Maverick is 8yr old and the new pup is Rusty, 1.75 yr old. I am certainly a rank beginner but love my dogs more than my kids! :roll: Maverick is awesome except holding to flush or shot (undoubtedly my fault) and Rusty needs lots of work starting with not busting birds.

TireHunter

Post by TireHunter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Hello, My name is Dennis 35year old single that love to hunt and fish. Work as warehouse manager to support my habits.
I also operate a small hunting lodge and guide service for an excuse to take vacation. Look forward to meeting some interesting people.

mojavejohn

Post by mojavejohn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Greg, Farmer and Brent welcome aboard. Greg, congratulations on your recent retirement, and wow what a good pic.
Go Dodgers

oldschoolhunter

Post by oldschoolhunter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Born and raised in southwest Pa., living in Dixie (southwest Florida) since the 80s. Get back to the north woods as often as possible for hunting and camping. Prefer hunting primarily WV and Pa. Started hunting at age 11, ran a full trap line by age 13. Love turkey, pheasant, grouse, fox, hog, gator and deer hunting. Trained several beagles as a kid for rabbits and bird. Now have a full-blooded AKC German Shepherd that I never intended to use for hunting, only as a good guard dog, but watching him go after the squirrels on the property made me rethink my position, especially after he treed two coons in the middle of the night during one of our camping trips. He learned scent discrimination as a pup as part of his obedience training so I figured, what the heck, let's see what he can do at 5 years old. I started taking him out in the woods, held him on a leash as I fired off a few shotgun rounds just in case he freaked. First time he jumped, second time be barked at me, third time he whined and by the fourth shot he just looked at me like, "What's next?" Now he's 6 and I'm learning by his mannerisms just what animal he's tracking because the dog picks up the scent of EVERYTHING. Started to chase a few does only one time but froze in his tracks when I called his name so he doesn't seem to be interested in the deer since pulling him off. He's treed coons, flushed quail, pheasant and grouse and will track a rabbit through the thickest of swamps. He's not what one would consider a well-trained hunting dog but I know whenever we take to the woods, he's kicking something out. He loves going north and absolutely loves hunting in the snow. I rate his nose right there with several of the beagles and blue ticks I've hunted with. He has no problem playing fetch with a ball but he won't pick up the game if I shoot it. As a young pup he'd kill snakes , squirrels or anything else that would come into the yard. Now he's learning he has a new job and when he sees me breaking out any hunting gear, becomes all rambunctious and is ready to head to the truck with me.

mojavejohn

Post by mojavejohn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Oldschoolhunter: wow that's a great story about your shepard. I have a beagle that has had a little obedience training, but is stubborn as a woman and tries to get away with murder. She is about two years old, so maybe I will rethink training her too. I have taken her on hikes and she always loves to be in the outdoors, she sniffs everything. I think this might be my next project.
Go Dodgers

oldschoolhunter

Post by oldschoolhunter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, MojaveJohn. These pages show I can learn much here. Many great posts I've read. I would encourage you to take that beagle out in the woods as much as possible. Mine always seemed to learn naturally as where I grew up there were tons and tons of cottontails and pheasant. That's what my Shepherd continues to do ... we go to the woods, he has to smell everything as soon as he jumps out of the truck. About 10 minutes of smelling every bush, twig, branch and leaf and ground cover, he's ready to venture to the woods. Training beagles was so much fun as I recall. They''re spirited dogs and as you are finding, can be very stubborn. When they get a scent, they're hellbent and breaking scent tracking on beagles is a task I wouldn't want to undertake these days. Take 'er out and let 'er run. Keep me posted on how she does. Something tells me she's going to come along fine in the long run.

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:58 am

Hello,
I stumbled across the forum while looking for forced fetch advice and am very happy I did. These sure is a lot of great stuff in here.

I live in New Mexico, and work as an airline pilot. About three years ago my buddy got me hooked on duck hunting, and last July picked up my hunting partner, a handsome 8-month-old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.

Hopefully our training keeps going well so we can get our first duck hunt after the New Year.

Here is a picture of Atlas sitting in “his” truck waiting for training to start.

Andy

Brokengunz

Post by Brokengunz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:58 pm

i am 56 years old man. i am a commercial fisherman, and have had several other jobs from laboror to engineering product development. I have been training labs for 28 years (amature) my dogs hunt and compete in hunt tests and field trials. I am a certified shotgun coach, and shoot at field trials and hunt tests. Most of all, i enjoys seeing good dog work and good shooting.

DuckSmacker104

Post by DuckSmacker104 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi all,

My name is Chris and I am an avid duck hunter. I recently got my lab "Remington" ,Remi for short, from a local breeder. I am married and have three children, all of which love to hunt. Just trying to meet new people and learn new things.

Thanks

Cooper

Post by Cooper » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:47 am

Name - Chad
Age - 45
Dog - GSP, Cooper 3 yrs old.

Married with 3 girls. Cooper and I hunt for Chukar and Huns mostly, but every now and then get lucky and find some wiley roosters. All the birds we hunt are wild and on public ground.
He is doing really well this year and finding a lot of birds, but needs to be force fetched...this is going to be our little project after bird season is over for the year.

I really like this site and am glad to be a member.

Good luck to everyone that is still hunting and Merry Christmas !

ksbowman

Post by ksbowman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey guys my name is Brent. I'm from NE KS and 28 yrs old, married with a 20 month old son and a daughter due in April. I'm a wildlife biologist tech. for KDWPT and love to hunt pheasant, quail, doves, turkey, and deer. I dont get to go nearly as much as I'ld like but its a sacrifice for being parents with young ones. I have a 5 yr old English Springer Spaniel (Madi) who is like a child to me. I got her during my last semester of college and spent countless hours working with her while working in SD. She's amazing and I get more excited to watch her hunt than myself. I've never done any field trials or shows but would like to learn a little about it. Madi is just as much of a companion as a working dog. I have truely fallen in love with this breed.

traceysetzer

Post by traceysetzer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 am

My husband Randy and I (Tracey) have been raising, taining, and running ( in hunt tests & Field Trials) Labs & English Springer Spaniels for 25 plus years. Kids are up and gone. We live just a few miles outside of Three Forks, Montana. About 3 miles from the headwaters of Missouri river, lots of access for fishing, bird hunting and big game. Randy was one of the original people who started the Missouri Headwaters Gun Dog Club, back in the mid to late 80's. Randy hunts pheasants, ducks, geese, sharptails, etc. We also enjoy big game hunting.

Sledge

Post by Sledge » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:35 am

My name is Phil Sledge and I am in Indianapolis. I am in the beginning stages of looking for a gun dog. I was wondering if there are is anyone on this forum that is in the central Indiana area that would allow me to tag along while they train their dogs. I want to learn as much as possible before I get my gun dog. I am wanting to get a GSP. If there is anyone in Central Indiana that would allow me to help them work their dog it would be appreciated. Just don't want to get a dog and not know what I am doing. Any suggestions?

Petroplex Hunter

Post by Petroplex Hunter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Greetings, I'm Grant, 29, married to a wonderful wife, with a sweet little two year old daughter, all born and raised in TX. I have one EP, a Boykin and a little mutt. I've always loved dogs and shooting birds. I'm blessed to have access to a lot of wide open spaces across out great state. I've been lingering for a while and finally decided to dive in, hoping to learn some things. I'm new to the pointing dog game, but have trained one lab and two Boykins. I've never attended a field trial but would love to run AF trials at someday.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:52 am

Sledge wrote:My name is Phil Sledge and I am in Indianapolis. I am in the beginning stages of looking for a gun dog. I was wondering if there are is anyone on this forum that is in the central Indiana area that would allow me to tag along while they train their dogs. I want to learn as much as possible before I get my gun dog. I am wanting to get a GSP. If there is anyone in Central Indiana that would allow me to help them work their dog it would be appreciated. Just don't want to get a dog and not know what I am doing. Any suggestions?
Look for a pro trainer in your area and call them. Let them know your intentions and you will prob be surprised at how much they would teach you just by planting birds for them and shooting....

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Name is Joe Buttry, 36 years old, Live in Bucks county PA. I grew up in Oklahoma. I am a service engineer in the Pharma industry. I have been married for 13 years to one of the most understanding woman out there. I have three kids. Trace, son 14. John, son 12. Emily, daughter 11. I got my first brittany at 5 and started learning to train at 10 with my father. I have had britts, gsp's, gordon setters, and now have a pointer. Won't ever own another other than a pointer. Best I have ever had. Been bird hunting since I could walk in the field and started shooting birds at 10.

Running In any and all field trials that I can find. Hoping this year will be a good one.

Joe

Rhyla

Post by Rhyla » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 am

Hello all.

I'm 26 - 27 next month - and this was my first season hunting. Hunted deer & black bear. My hubby has hunted for a couple years now. I'm looking at getting into duck hunting and we plan to get a Chesapeake.

I'm not new to dogs, just to hunting dogs. I've grown up with dogs and spent many years volunteering training assistance dogs (wheelchair assist, therapy, etc.)

My location it should show, it's in my profile.

Anything else, just ask.

Jess

Post by Jess » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

fdsjr wrote:Tell us a little about you so we can get a perspective on who we are talking to. How old are you?? Male or Female?? What do you do for a living?? How long you been hunting/shooting?? What kind of hunting do you do?? What kind of dog(s) do you have?? How long have you had dogs?? You into any field trials, show, competition or anything like this??
Female, in my 30th year of life. I am a daycare provider so my free time revolves around naptime which is how I ran across this site.

I tend to gravitate towards outdoorsy people. Had several friends get me into hunting in my early twenties as it was never something my parents would partake in. I have hunted deer, small and upland game. I'm itching to get my grubbies into waterfowl this fall and will take on turkey hunting for the first time this spring.

Current crew consists of the other half whom I will be marrying come July. Two kids ages 7 and 8. Lab Trigger (nearly 7) Pug Cooper (4) Min Pin Fynnigan (3) and Lab Hoyt (just over 1 year). Hoyt was a birthday gift to the other half from me last year, from successful working stock, we do hope to get into field trials and such. Neither of us are incredibly familiar but we're slowly working our way toward that goal.

It was great to run across this site. I get infinitely frustrated seeing or reading about people who have bird dogs and do nothing with them. The instincts my Labs show wow me everyday. It's amazing to watch them do what they were created to do. I look forward to chatting with others who hold that same appreciation for the raw talent and enthusiasm bird dogs have!

chuck_t1990

Post by chuck_t1990 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

I figured I would formally introduce myself on here. My name is Chuck. I am 21 years old. Have been hunting on and off since about 12. I recently got a very serious interest in shotguns and also bird hunting goes with that. I work for the fort worth area putt putt as a game tech going to all the locations. I moved out two years ago and got a dalmatian which sparked the idea of having a gundog to help my quest. I normally walk my dogs so often I don't know if they know how to tell me that they need to potty. My life does revolve around my dog. Look forward to becoming acquainted with yall.

ehocker1098

Post by ehocker1098 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello Everyone!

My name is Eric, 31, and live in Green Bay Wisconsin where I currently work as a mechanical engineer for a local company. After pheasant and grouse hunting for years behind one of my best friends GSP's and being impressed with its abilities, my wife and I recently decided to put a deposit down on our first GSP that we will be getting in July or August. Since this is our first GSP pup, I have been doing a ton of research on how to properly train a gun dog. Hopefully I can learn even more by joining this forum.

Thanks, and talk with you soon!
Last edited by ehocker1098 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kansasbirdhunter

Post by kansasbirdhunter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:19 am

Hello all,
Im a first timer on the site, Im from NE Kansas and I recently purchased a 7 week old liver and roan female German Shorthair from Muddy Creek Kennels in southeast MO. Her name is Molly. Im looking forward to training her this summer with the help of a family member who has trained many GSP's and has some wonderful working dogs. Shes already pointing to a wing on a sting and has an overwhelming birdiness to her. I plan to use this site for all its worth and hopefully pick up some pointers here and there. No pun intended :lol: Heres to a great year of training, hunting, and all that goes with it. Cheers :D

WWK

Post by WWK » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I've been a member for about a year. I love this site, like to see what people have to say, and have made a few purchases from here. I just don't have much to say myself. I love to birdhunt and have a house full of wirehairs.

IdahoKeith

Post by IdahoKeith » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Retired Wildlife Biologist. I have been hunting for all of my life and now only hunt upland birds. I have two dogs, a female English Setter and a female English Pointer. I live in Idaho but regularly hunt in Oregon, Montana, sometimes Nevada, sometimes Wyoming the Dakotas and wherever. I shoot either a Red Label 28 or a Fausti 20 side x side. My birds are chukars, huns, quail and sharptails. When I was just a pup my father worked for Idaho Fish and Game and planted most of the successful plants of chukars in Idaho. I was along on some of those, so chukars hold a special place in my heart.

G Lynch

Post by G Lynch » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Folks, I' Gerry and I grew up hunting Cottontails starting in 1955. That was in Southern Mass. There were rabbits everywhere !!! Who would have ever thought they'd be so scarce today ? Then I went to jumping ducks in my canoe with my Lab "Bingo". In the late 80's we moved North to NH and started on Woodcock, Pheasant and Partridge. Hunting over my BrittanY "Doc". What a treat that was. Sadly, I lost Doc at 8 years to bad kidneys. What a tough time that was ( and still is ). But our 7 year old Lab ,Henry who never hunted a day in his life, came to the rescue. I started working him on pigeons in mid August and by that Fall we had an awesome season and never lost a bird.
This year I'm bringing along a Brittany named "Gromit". So, The game will continue....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by G Lynch on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreebornFam

Post by FreebornFam » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 am

I'm a 27 yr old stay at home mom of 2. I also homeschool our kids. My husband and I both grew up hunting, I don't do it so much now, but he does- A LOT! :) We just got our first (black) Lab. (Was told he's a purebred, but looks as tho he has some chesapeake in him too). We're just starting out with him. his name is Duke, he's smart but certaintly stubborn. Was hoping to get on here and get some tips and advice on training him.

Fishhawk

Hello from North Central Michigan

Post by Fishhawk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm Frank & have been told that my mother named me well!!

Live in Osceola county. I'm retired from the Navy (CPO) & also the civilian grind. Like to hunt, grew up on pheasants, but me & my Brittany are starting to slow down a little. Also do some fishing here & in Alaska. Recently took up trap shooting & reloading.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm A new member from north central Mn. I Breed and train GSPs. I have 7 AKC Master titled dogs that I raised and trained. Some I bred, some I bought. All have hustler in their background some where
My age is old. I am a male. So that makes me Old Man.
I'm not sure how to do this and I am technologically challenged.
Wondering what people think of the advanced hunter titles. Five more passes with a 8 point average.
Jerry
Autumn Fire Gun Dogs

JustinS

Post by JustinS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:25 pm

My name is Justin E. Schneider,

I live near brookings, SD in a small town and attend South Dakota State University. I am an Agronomy major with a specialization in crop production. I have 1 lab Maggie and one on the way once the litter is born. they are my water dogs but would like to get an upland pointing dog. I enjoy doing any kind of hunting/ training/ shooting activities as long as no one is drinking before or during the shooting is occuring - 1 bad experience - cant wait to get to know more about you all.

JustinS

bmb3

Post by bmb3 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Name- Brennan
Age-34
Dog-gsp Kelley 7 yrs old
Married with two kids 15 and 3
Occupation- Assembler for Ford Motor Co.

F.O.W.L.

Post by F.O.W.L. » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello from Louisiana. My name is Paul, I have been hunting waterfowl since i can remmember and just recently got into woodcock hunting with my Brittany. I am 25 years old and work construction.

salthouse

Post by salthouse » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm Scott, I live in Montgomery Co. PA. If all goes well we will have a Vizsla pup about 9 weeks from now. I hunt here in PA as well as at our place in Maine- mostly large game, but birds at local preserves here, and some grouse in the big woods up north. We had a golden (Java) who was our faithful companion for 11 years until 2010. He was a great member of the family, but not even interested in hunting a little bit. I'm really hoping to work with the new pup to develop a hunting buddy (as well as a family dog). I'm going to get some professional training for the Vizsla (and me) and I'm hoping to get some advice and learn from all of you as well.
Thanks!

911cares

Post by 911cares » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 am

I have been married for almost 18 yr to my HS sweetheart and we have 2 children. We got our first GSP over 25 yrs ago, we rescued Lady. Since then we have had 2 more and love these dogs! My husband loves to phesant and deer hunt with our daughter (13) our son never go interested in it (21). We just lost our GSP Junior this last summer to a brain tumor, and let me tell you, hardest thing we went thru!

IndianaBritt

Post by IndianaBritt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 am

Hey gang... new here to the forum. Live in Indianapolis and own a small farm in southern Indiana. Not a lot of birds even though I am planting Milo this year to help where ever I can. 15 years ago someone stole my two Britts and I moved on to retrievers. Now with my lab being on the downside, I have decided to get another Brittany and I pick him up next Sunday. I am a sponge right now for information as it has been a while since I had a puppy.

taztoo

Post by taztoo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 am

Hi all,
Mike/taztoo here from western/central ny.
I am 53 y/o and am employed as a Physicians Assistant in Emergency Medicine, I have been a phesant hunter since I was 14. I have had gsps for almost 30 years. Haven't been able to hunt the past several years as my last gsp came from gsp rescue and was gun shy. She was a great companion/housedog and we loved her. She died 3 weeks ago and I just got an 8 wk old male pup "remington" who is settling in to our family very easily. Hope Ill be able to do a little hunting this fall with him. Thats all about me... mike

JonnyNC

Post by JonnyNC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 am

Hey folks,

My name's Jon, I'm a 28 year old from North Carolina and I'm in real estate. Getting married this summer and hoping to move out West to enjoy the good life for a while. I have a 5 year old gsp and a 6 month old brittany.

I spend a lot of time waterfowling since there isn't a huntable (or even see-able) wild bird population where I live. I got into bird dogs and bird hunting from friends and I have done some travelling to Kansas, Oklahoma and Montana to pursue it. I love the tiny towns and sprawling landscapes that bird hunting puts you in the middle of, and I've found the people to be really friendly. Thanks,

Jon

crappieguy

Post by crappieguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:21 am

My name is Reg Tucker. I'm male. Hunt with my wife, son and son-in-law. Retired Electronic Eng Technologist and natural gas pipeline manager. Presently own and operate a sharpening business, (The Sharpening Guy), specializing in pet grooming scissors, clipper blades I'm about one year younger than , God, (67). Over the years I've hunted with Black Labs ( field trialed also). Hunted with two Springer Spaniels. Was involved in the Sask Falconry Assoc. for 45 years and hunted with accipiters/Red Tailed Hawks and Jack Russel Terriers. Just getting started with GSP's and have a English Cocker. My son also, now has a GSP. I hunt almost everything except moose and elk ( too much work) even with an ATV. Do an awful lot of walleye , smallmouth bass and channel cat fishing from our camp in the shield area of eastern Manitoba on the Manigotagan River and Lake Winnipeg. I reload for .204;.223;30-06; 8mm Mauser; .303 British...also hunt with .22's; 20 guage. My whole family hunts traditional 50 cal Black Powder sidelock and I've got two 32 cal Kentucky long rifles one sidelock and one flintlock (Pedersoli's). We're licensed for hand guns but have never purchased any because of the laws up here.
Can't think of much else that would be interesting.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." Benjamin Franklin